Removing Water Damage from Hyde Park Properties
Hyde Park Water Damage Often Requires Experienced SERVPRO Restoration
From spills to plumbing issues, thousands of homes throughout Dutchess County experience some type of damage incident in their lives. Professional restoration is often beneficial for several reasons, considering the severity of these situations and how easily water can migrate beyond the origin point.
SERVPRO understands how typical water damage in Hyde Park homes can be. Because of how frequently our administration receives these restoration requests, we keep skilled WRT-Certified technicians available 24/7 to help. Prompt arrival after these disasters ensures the necessary mitigative steps are taken to protect the property, contents, and house occupants.
Types of Water Damage
It is estimated that insurance providers pay out more than two billion dollars annually in the restoration required for water and subsequent mold damage. Professional restoration technicians approach different disasters with specific mitigation and recovery solutions based on the affected areas of the house. Three types of water or moisture damage include:
- Surface Water – This is the visible presence of water and moisture on the surface of building materials or pooling on the property.
- Absorbed Water – Porous materials exposed to water can absorb this moisture, requiring a different restoration type.
- Hidden Caches – When the water reaches structural cavities, these systems can hold moisture and promote secondary effects like mold development.
Common Causes of Water Damage
There are many threats to a residence that fall under the heading of water disasters. While the degree of damage can vary considerably, all emergencies like these should be approached urgently using mitigative strategies. Common triggers of damage include:
- Leaks - Loose fittings, damaged connections, and pressure fluctuations can all impact the development of leaks throughout the plumbing system and at connected fixtures.
- Appliances - Water-fed appliances are standard installations for homes. Washing machines, dishwashers, and water heaters all play a role in comfortable living but can be destructive to a home when these appliances malfunction.
- Burst Pipes - From considerable temperature changes to aging plumbing, burst pipes can produce high volumes of water in the affected areas. Extraction and drying are both critical processes to follow.
- Flooding - Post-storm flooding is another infiltrating and aggressive form of damage your home could experience. Invading water from outside can cripple your building’s structural envelope and defenses, making the repair SERVPRO can offer as helpful as the restoration.
Effective Water Mitigation
Mitigation is the collection of processes our professionals undertake to address the pressing concerns of water damage before much of the restoration begins. Some emergency services within this phase precede even the job scoping by our management, allowing us to overcome steep obstacles to the recovery like standing water, damaged contents, structural deterioration, and immediately needed repairs.
Mitigating losses lowers the expected restoration time and reduce out-of-pocket expenses for the customer. Water restoration professionals are ready to mobilize with helpful tools and products to begin protecting what matters most with our continuous availability.
Drying Water Threats
There are hundreds of drying decisions made for every water damage incident your home or business endures. As IICRC-compliant and experienced restoration professionals, we arrive with a fleet of vehicles stocked with mitigation and cleanup products. Specific processes utilize a combination of air movers, dehumidification, and heat.
- Surface Drying
- Structural Cavities
- Capillary Suction
- Humidity Management
It is necessary to address water damage in Hyde Park homes as soon as possible to avoid structural impact. Our SERVPRO of NW & SE Dutchess County team can help. Call now at (845) 635-4550.